I have had this idea in the back of my mind for quite sometime ~ after seeing several similar projects on blogs and Pinterest. I had the perfect coffee table for this project at the shop and brought it home. There is sat in my dining room for weeks as I pondered, planned and walked around it sighing...until I finally got the inspiration and the fire under my *** to get started. It took me two days to finish this project, but I love the way it turned out.
Here is the before picture of the table. The straight lines and sturdy construction made for a perfect base for the project.
I found the image I wanted from www.graphicsfairy.blogspot.com and uploaded it to www.blockposters.com to print it out larger for the table. After taping the image together, it was time to get started!!
I began with giving the table two coats of ASCP in Paris Grey. A fitting color for my little French table!
After letting the paint dry good and sanding it with 2,000 grit sandpaper, I prepared to transfer the image. There are several different ways to this, but I chose to do the ole' rub the back with a graphite pencil. After I completed that, I place the image in the position I wanted and taped it down. Next, I took a ballpoint pen and traced the image onto the table.
The image came out fairly light, but it worked well enough. To fill in the letters, I used a sharpie PAINT pen. I have yet to master the artist paint brush and with the arthritis settling into my hands, the chunky size felt much better in my fingers.
Once I completed it, I lightly sanded with a 180 grit sandpaper to give it an aged look. I should have sanded it a bit more, because once I applied the wax, the image turned out darker than I really had wanted....but I still like it!
Here she is ~ all painted, waxed and ready to go! She'll be at the new location in early September!